Saturday 15 October 2011

Come at Us (CAU) Plays Rival Canucks Dot Com (CDC)

After about a month of not seeing each other, CAU plays CDC for the first time since the remake of the club. Unfortunately, I disconnected right at the start of the game and I was playing right defense. Since the AI defencemen in the game aren't that great, I suspect CDC to take full advantage of that side of the ice. The game started out as 5v5 until I disconnected at the 18:56 mark. The following players were in the game:


It's been a while since we met, and this time some of us had some decent cards. Both CDC and CAU were off to great starts this season, and I think Meganuck has been playing good for them. It's always great to play these games because of the rivalry we've had over the years. I think these games bring the best out of both teams.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to do a detailed summary of the game as I was not apart of it. However, Kanucks25 and booyah4- were kind enough to help me save the highlights.

First Period:
No goals were scored in the first period. I was told that we had a 6 minute cycle in their offensive zone though on a delayed penalty call. Unfortunately, we were unable to capitalize on our chances and I feared it would come back to haunt us since CDC seems to be a very strong 3rd period team against us.

Second Period:
booyah4- opens up the score by receiving a beauty from Frankchise_605. Frankchise_605 makes a pass from the high slot and booyah4- makes no mistake. Goal scored on the power play and CAU leads 1-0.


CDC doesn't back down though and number 8 shows why he's great once again. Powering his way, while protecting the puck, he puts it in and ties the game 1-1 in the second. Looking at the clip, it was my AI defenseman trying to stop him too!


Right now the game is tied 1-1 heading into the third. We all know CDC's ability to play a strong game in the third. It's been like that since our rivalry began so it's no secret to us that they're going to come out hard and we had to be at our best.

Third Period:
CDC starts out strong like we predicted. Number 8 scores again with a leg fake and some dekes! Once again, on the right side where I disconnected! Who is this guy? Get him on our team! Timely goals help CDC take the lead.


We don't give up however. booyah4- sets up Frankchise_605 for a one timer and he blasts it by the goalie to tie up the game. Clutch goal at the the right time sets the stage for overtime.


So who do you think is going to win?

Overtime 
In overtime, CAU does one of their popular plays off the rush and we cause a scramble in their defense. booyah4- makes a pass by 2 guys and Kanucks25 receives it to deliver the puck to Frankchise_605 for the finishing touch! CAU wins 3-2 in OT.


At the end of the game, I was told that Meganuck sent us a message saying "GG, you guys have a good team." What a classy way for the new owner of CDC to end off a tough game between the 2 rivaled Canuck teams. Good game CDC, we look forward to playing you again in the future!

I would like to apologize to my teammates for disconnecting at the start of the game though. These are the kind of games I want to help the team win. I'm thankful they came through for me and won the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment